Conditions of Membership and Usage of the Site
In order to join and remain on the locum group you must
- Register on-line with our site.
- Be currently registered with the GMC and provide your GMC number to allow an on-line status check.
Please note: If the conditions of your registration change, it is your duty to inform us.
- Be registered on the list of performers of GP services kept by the local health board(s) and provide your GMC number to allow us to confirm your status.
- Pay a yearly subscription payment of £40 due in August, by Paypal via the website. Fees are Tax deductible. If you are joining November to January please send £30, February to April £20 and May to July £10.
If you are interested in joining, please come to one of the meetings and register on the site.
PLEASE NOTE User names are not allocated and Names are not added to the locums list until status checks (GMC and Performers List) have been confirmed and fees have been received. You will not receive a notification of your registration until these processes have occurred.
Web site General Conditions
- You undertake to keep secure from third parties the password issued to you automatically by the site or from an administrator
- You acknowledge and accept that you bear sole responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content of all material posted to the site by your account.
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the site. You acknowledge and agree that your access to the site can be removed should you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions or any other guidelines and rules published by Glasgow Locum Group. Any such termination of access shall be at an Administrator's discretion and may occur without any notice. Further action may be taken by the Glasgow Locum Group if deemed necessary.
- You agree not to attempt to penetrate security measures of the web site and/or its servers, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Always log out of a publicly accessible computer when you have finished using the site. If you think someone has managed to impersonate you or "hack" your account, please email [email protected] immediately.
- The website will keep a record of information relating to and/ or posted by you on the website in the system databases. This information will only be used within the Glasgow Locum Group for administration purposes relating to the Group and its activities, but will never be supplied to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The only time we may do so without consent is if we are obliged by law to disclose such information.
- The site stores data you have entered in relation to your personal details such as names, email, and system preferences alongside your username. It also stores information entered into your calendar and the discussion forums, or any other area of the website you are able to contribute to. This information is used to identify you to the system and to enable you to use the functionality of the site and access material posted on the system that relates to you.
- In addition to data you enter, the web server will record all page visits and data posts in the web logs. This is done as part of the normal functioning of the web systems. These logs are retained only so that we can accumulate general usage statistics.
Use of Discussion Forums
- You are expected to respect other users. Administrative users are able to identify users making use of nicknames in the discussions forums.
- Posting of unacceptable material will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, sectarian, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material. This includes the use of swear words and the use of offensive nicknames. Spam, off topic postings, and other unacceptable material will be removed without warning.
- Any posting or message deemed unacceptable will be removed from the system and the poster may be banned from the Glasgow Locum Group and from logging in to the system. Further action may be taken if deemed necessary.
- If You Are Subject to Abuse or Harassment If you wish to report abusive behaviour, please email [email protected], giving as much information as possible (time, date, nicknames of offenders, screen grabs) which will enable appropriate action to be taken.
- The accuracy and value of information in any posting cannot be guaranteed. Users are advised to carefully evaluate the source of any information and status of the poster before acting upon it.